Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT817 - Battery charging

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT817 - Battery charging
From: "Peter - LC0TC" <peter.lc0tc@combitel.no>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:17:06 +0200
I have had  trouble with my FT817 after using it with a car battery and TOO
large a fuse.

The 0V track burnt out very close to the power connector underneath the
decoupling cap.
After bridging the gap in the track it all seems to function but it seems
the NiCad battery pack is not getting charged up properly anymore. Life on
one charge seems to be half of what it was.

That seems to be the only problem, all other functions seem ok.

No mods have been done to the radio so it's all standard as far as I can
see.

Peter - LB0K.