Yaesu

[Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT FT990/FT1000 Problem: Clarifier Tuning
From: kc5ykx@swbell.net (Reid Hill)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:39:53 -0600
N1MM works great with FT rigs. Using it with my MKV. Great for contesting
but not so hot for general logging. The band maps are awesome! Love the auto
propagation from the Telnet/Packet spots to the maps. Even the filters are
selectable from the vfo band maps. I like to have one the current run/s&p
freq and one on the next band I'm going to change to. It is nice to see the
spots ahead of time and be able to plan ahead. But I digress from the
original intent of the topic. You can scroll up and down the band via mouse,
click on a freq. or spot and be there automatically, change bands or modes
with a click. Talk about not touching the rig. For daily non contest stuff I
use YPlog (currently test out Logger) with rig control. Type a freq and poof
you are there plus mode changes, filters etc. I'm rambling and the t.u. vs.
A&M game is on.

Reid
KC5YKX