Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-77 low power on SSB?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-77 low power on SSB?
From: parkerp@alphalink.com.au (Peter Parker)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 99 08:26:10 PST
Hello

I've just bought a secondhand Yaesu FT-77S (the low power version of the FT-77).

I get about 10 watts output on CW, which I think is OK for this rig.   However
on SSB, even with
a loud whistle, I only get about 3 watts out.  The ALC cuts in at quite a low
power level.

Is there an adjustment that can increase the SSB output to 10 watts or more?

Peter  Parker
parkerp@alphalink.com.au

Amateur Radio: VK3YE  (ex VK1PK)
E-mail: parkerp@alphalink.com.au

(The home of the Australian QRP Home Page, Novice Notes Online,
Peter Parker's Projects Page and APC News)