Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000MP queries

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP queries
From: wz4f@nerak.companet.net (Larry A. Crim)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:24:55 -0500 (CDT)
First, thanks to everyone for their advice on interfacing the FT-1000MP
to CT9.  I had a simple IRQ conflict, no problem with the radio or CT9.

Now, two more questions:

1) Is it possible to use the internal keyer with CT?  You can't simply
make up a "Y" adapter, because when CT sends morse, the FT-1000MP's keyer
simply views it as a paddle closure.  It sends jibberish.

2) Can I squeeze more audio (headphone) output.  The volume is OK but I
like it loud!

Ideas?

-Larry
WZ4F