Yaesu

[Yaesu] 990 QRP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 990 QRP
From: bdenton@tenet.edu (Bill Morris Denton)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:16:28 -0500 (CDT)
I had the same inquiry some time back, to the QRP reflector.  Several
replys came back.  The one I like best is using a small variable power
supply.  0 to 5 Volts negative is fine.  I apply this to the external ALC
in back of radio.  With the power turned down adjust the external power
supply so the 990 reads 5w watts or what ever power you want. You can do
the same thing with a battery and a pot.  YOu can also adjust it from
inside of radio but I didn't want to take off cover everytime I want to
run QRP.I just happened to have a small variable power supply in my junk box.
The
adjustment is VERY critical. A small voltage change makes a large
power adjustment.  I put a 10 turn pot on the power supply and it's still
very critical.

Good luck... Bill W5SB
I still looking for a mod to raise output power to 150w.