Yaesu

[Yaesu] DVS-2 connector questions...

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] DVS-2 connector questions...
From: bill K7WXW <K7WXW@qrpdx.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 17:39:22 -0700
I would like to use digital modes with my FT1000D. I know I can make a cable and use the mic input but that's inelegant and a pain, besides. I guess I could also build a cable that uses the phone patch, AF out, PTT connections but that seems a kludge.  Packet only does FM and LSB, and I haven't figured out a way around that, so the packet connector is out.

But there's the DVS-2 "Voice" input. Since it has audio in, audio out, and PTT, and the audio chain looks okay for AFSK, I am trying to figure out what the two control lines do. I can't quite figure it out by looking at the FT1000D schematics, so I currently have three questions:

- Does anyone have a schematic for the DVS-2?
- Does anyone know what the control lines do and their electrical characteristics?
- Has anyone used the DVS-2 interface for anything other than a DVS-2?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance offered.

73 de bill K7WXW