Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching
From: <dgmaley@inav.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:01:25 +0000
Good Morning to all.  Worked on this radio last night
and thought I would pass along what I found:
Replaced this diode with a standard 1N4007 power supply
diode.  Seems to work just fine.  I did this after using
the NTE cross reference and noting this is just about what
it crossed to.  I would have suspected this to have been
a spot for a hefty PIN diode, but maybe not.
My next project is to check the muting relay inside the
second receiver bandpass filter network.  I suspect
it's not working.  I'm also building up my arm muscles
just lifting this radio <grin>.
Thanks for the help.
Dave  WA0ZZG
AR

Yaesu [Top] [All Lists] <prev [Date] next> [Advanced] <prev [Thread] next>

Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching
from [Warren Robinson] [Permanent Link][Original]

To: <dgmaley@inav.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D T/R Switching From: "Warren Robinson" <warren@rakon.co.nz> Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:48:11 +1200 List-post: <mailto:yaesu@contesting.com>

Hello Dave,
Had a similar problem with spurs every 15KHZ (Approx).
These were very strong at 150 -300Khz.
I changed the GM-3B diode and this made no difference.
The 15 Khz oscillation was coming from the transistors and RF chokes
around the diode. In the end I sent it to YAESU SERVICE in CA.
They had to replace the LPF board to fix this problem.
Hope this has been of some help
Warren ZL1AIX

----- Original Message ----- From: <dgmaley@inav.net>