N4BP, IARU SOHP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N4BP, IARU SOHP CW
From: n4bp@shadow.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 02:29:39 -0400 (EDT)
Call used: N4BP                                 Location: 08
Category: Single Op All Band    Mode: CW        Power: 1500
Callsign of Operator: N4BP

Exchanged Information: N4BP 5998
Hours of Operation: 23:45

band    QSOs    pts     mults
====    ====    ===     =====
160        3      9         2
 80       60    116         5
 40      280    686        24
 20      708   2162        42
 15      284    604        17
 10       71    145         6
====    ====    ===     =====
TOTAL   1406   3722        96           SCORE: 357,312

This was the first contest effort with my new FT-1000MP.  The rig worked
great, my strategy stunk.  I totally missed the European openings on 15 &
10 and generally treated this as a SS with much too low QSO : pts ratio.
I did, however, almost double last years score, so I do consider the
effort a success although not competitive with other ops.
160 and 80 were a washout, these bands are almost useless from South
Florida in the summertime (lightning capitol of the country).  Had
several power outages on Saturday due to lightning strikes, but these
were brief..  Worked about 45 of the WRTC guys, that was fun, great ops!

Station:  FT-1000MP, AL-1500, NA software
          TH7-DXX @ 45 feet
          40/80 trapped inverted vee @ 35 feet
          160 dipole at 40 feet

Bob Patten, N4BP