CQWW RTTY K8DO SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CQWW RTTY K8DO SCORE
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:51:10 -0400
Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80        25    30    16     3     5
40        70   154    19    27    14
20       246   588    26    58    21
15        48   107     6    20    13
10         1     1     1     1     1
--------------------------------------
Total    390   880    68   109    54

Score: 203280

Power Output: 1000
Club Participation: LOST MOUNTAIN EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

--------------------------------------

My first post on this vanished without a trace.... I probably messed up the
address... capsule version from memory...

KB8NNU helped.... fun contest... Slept both nights AND took the family to
breakfast AND made rounds each day... total time in shack for both ops was
less than 24 hours, including the 3 hours with Murphy doing the operating...
single rig, single op at a time...
(second op's job is crunching potato chips in the operators ear, when not
screaming "multiplier... get 'im, get 'im", while the 1st op is obviously
trying to do just that.....  <I'm real good at this, though I do prefer
pretzels>)

Sunday afternoon, I was informed that the hum (from last year) was back on
the sig... spent 3 hours wrestling the mating octopi behind the bench,
culminating in building a brand new set of connecting cables between the
tnc/dsp/rig (luckily, I had new connectors for everything on hand)... in the
process I switched to fsk and to using the line level jacks for all i/o
audio... sure feels strange to operate with the mic gain and the audio gain
controls fully ccw....hum gone, but I was 25 minutes late for JA sunrise and
only got a few before the grey line went completely - with Mr. Murphy
chuckling in the background...

I agree with Barry, that 48 hours is easy for the contest committee, but hard
on us old futz - at least those who tried to win....

Denny