CQP Results: VE3SUN (AB6WM/VE3)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: CQP Results: VE3SUN (AB6WM/VE3)
From: c31lj@andorra.ad (Peter Jennings)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:55:10 -0400
                      California QSO Party -- 1996

      Call: VE3SUN                   Country:
                                     Category: Single Operator (low)

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS

      CW       114      342
      SSB      123      246             ----------------------------------

      Totals   237      588   x     52  =   30,576

        11 Hours.

Equipment Description:

IC-725, R-7 at 30 feet, 80m dipole at 20 feet.

This was fun. VE3GEJ (my dad) and I shared his station, taking turns operating.
Took time off to install new windows in his house. Took time off to entertain
non-ham guests from DL who arrived to spend the weekend. Took time off to
sleep, eat, and entertain the XYL.

It's a lot easier from California than from here with a mini station,
but it was great saying hello to all the CA friends. This is the best
contest of the year. More fun per Q than any other.

Drank last years wine with dinner on Saturday night. It was actually forwarded
from CA by the post office and not stopped by customs! Thanks NCCC.

See you all on CQWW from C31 in a couple of weeks.

Peter
VE3SUN/AB6WM/C31LJ

                 http://www.turnpike.net/~jc