N0AX SS Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N0AX SS Score
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 13:21:13 -0800 (PST)
707 x 76 = 107,464 (I remember when 76 was a sweep...)

160     1
 80    68
 40   179
 20   245
 15   216
 10    ha!

Physical plant:
20/15/other - 2-el quad @ 55', C-3 @ 55'
40 - 40-2CD @ 50'
80 - half-sloper, top at 50'
160 - inverted-L
FT-990, IC-735, TR software

For the bottom of the cycle, I'll take these conditions!  A personal best,
even with no 10-meters and a confused and disoriented 15-meters.  Thank
goodness for the Extra-class sub-bands, which allow us QRP guys to get a
frequency that's not up in the weeds with the bellows and grumbles of the
digital stuff.  The football phenomenon was never more apparent on
Sunday...that could be a nice analysis project.

Thought I had a sweep in the bag when I went to bed Saturday night with 74
sections in the log, but PQ and WY never materialized.  I could hear N7NG,
but he had his beam to the east and backscatter on 20 is not a QRP option
;-)  I heard W0CP/QRP trying to get his attention as well, but probably to
no avail.  I see from the other scores that there were a lot of 76's and
77's in the section listings.  KR1R and the ARRL gang are probably
scratching the '1996' off the latest shipment of sweep mugs right now!

High point of the contest - passing 700 QSOs for the first time with QRP.

Most unexpected item - being duped by VY1JA (who is really Santa Claus)
after he lost my first QSO...what a guy!

Lowest point of the contest - none

Thanks, all!  Now concentrate on keeping the conditions happy for another
three weeks 'til WW CW.

73, Ward N0AX