[3830] K7BG CQ160 SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7BG CQ160 SOHP
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (K7BG Matt Trott)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 23:20:05 -0700 (MST)
        369 Q's    -     55 W/VE   -      6 DX = 53,741 for ~8.5 hours

Equip: TS930S to Alpha 374A to half sloper from 80 feet

I am VERY new to this band in any sort of "serious" manner. What a great
band. I didn't plan to  play much but, had so much fun I stayed up pretty
late Friday. Lotsa fun for a phone contest. Had hoped to hear more DX, but
the curtains were pulled on the window by many stateside stations. High
point was hearing CP (Bolivia) station clg CQ on 1831 with no takers Friday
night. Called and worked him through the mayhem. Also nice to have VP5JP
answer my CQ. Don't have beverages but, may have to give 'em a try from this
already quiet QTH.

Missed MS and VT for WAS.

73, Matt--K7BG