[3830] W3LPL CQWW RTTY Score - finally!

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W3LPL CQWW RTTY Score - finally!
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 18:02:41 +0100
CQ WW RTTY Contest 1997

Call used: W3LPL
Location:  MD

Entry Class: Multi Op, Multi Xmit

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       489   804    52    58    17
40       709  1352    51    81    26
20      1104  2540    52    98    35
15       483  1003    41    76    25
10       132   195    26    23    14
--------------------------------------
Total   2917  5894   222   336   117

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 3978450

Software: RTTY by WF1B, Version 3.1c
          RITTY by K6STI, Version 2.15
          CT 9.27

Power Output: 1500

Club Participation: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Operators: K3MM, W3EKT, K4GMH, NE3H, ND3F, N3OC, NO2T, N3UN

Station:  80M - TS950           Various 2el 80 meter wire quads
          40M - FT1000MP        (2) LPL 3el 40M Yagis at 100/200'
          20M - FT1000MP        5el LPL Yagis at 200'
                                (2) 5el LPL at 50/100' to EU
                                (2) 5el LPL at 50/100' rotatable
          15M - TS850           6el LPL at 200'
                                (2) 6el LPL at 50/100' to EU
                                (2) 6el LPL at 50/100' rotatable
          10M - TS850           7el LPL Yagi at 200'
                                (2) 7el LPL at 50/100' to EU

          Monoband 3-1000 amps on all bands

Comments:       RTTY is definitely on the rise!  With the threat of a
solar
                disturbance looming for the weekend, we were
particularly
                aggressive, expecting the worst.  Luckily, it was
relatively
                minor, and created some really great conditions for the
first
                24 hours.  While conditions to Europe were just
moderately
                good, the conditions to Asia, especially Japan were
                phenomenal!  I've never worked so many 20M JA's on RTTY!
                After the first 24 hours, we had already surpassed our
final
                score from '96 and by Sunday morning had broken our
World
                Record set in '92!  Conditions on Sunday were rather
flat,
                but we coasted along to the finish, frantically passing
                states to 10 meters trying to fill in multipliers on a
band
                with very spotty propagation.  We had problems running
WF1B
                networked, so we ended up double logging everything on a
                backup CT network.  Unfortunately, this made for another
                mess to sort out the logs...but maybe next year...

73, Ty K3MM