[3830] WB0O CQWWCW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WB0O CQWWCW
From: WB0O/0007359114@MCIMAIL.COM (Bill Straw)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:24:05 -0500 (EST)
WB0O CQWWCW     SO HP AB UNASSISTED

BAND     Q     Z     C     ANTENNA
----------------------------------
160     34    11    21     INV-L
80     212    23    69     Elevated 4-square
40     202    31    88     Elevated 4-square
20     456    26    86     TH7 @ 50', TH7 @ 50'
15     432    27    85
10      74    17    38     ( QTH is on a 400' high hill )
---------------------------------
      1410   135   387  =  2,050,416

RIG: OMNI VI + ALPHA

COMMENTS:

   This can be a terrible contest if the Aurora acts up, as
in no EU on 40,80 or 160! Last weekend it was so bad here
we could see the Aurora out of the SOUTH facing windows.
Things calmed down by mid-week, but then WWV was reporting
a major flare on Thursday and Friday, meaning 80/160 would
be dead by Saturday night. There is a real time Aurora oval
display on the NOAA.gov site, and I must have checked it a
hundred times on Friday!

80/160: Friday I worked these two like there would be no 2nd
night, and the forecast came true, both were dead on Saturday
night.

40: I made only S&P runs through here

20/15/10: It's been a long time since I could actually run
EU, so it was great fun to have 15 back.

One last comment, about stations with 599+20 sigs, that can't
hear me calling. Are these guys really running ONE KW?

73 BILL WB0O in Northern North Dakota ( The closest station
             to the geomagnetic North Pole in the lower 48)