[3830] N0AX - CW SS Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N0AX - CW SS Score
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 21:39:03 -0800 (PST)
N0AX - QRP Category - 117,468

   80CW       44          44         88       5
   40CW      149         149        298      16
   20CW      225         225        450      12
   15CW      279         278        556      41
   10CW       57          57        114       4

 Totals      754         753       1506      78 (missed NNY, dang!)

    So, who can complain with conditions like these!  I must admit to a
certain amount of shock when N5TJ checks in with Q for a category.  More
shock with W0UN does the same along with N5RZ.  What's up guys?  Even with
all the hardware, they were S&P-ing without success just like the rest of
us on Sunday afternoon.  Welcome to QRP-class!  My best ever score, number
of QSOs and overall rate, regardless of how badly I got waxed.  "One a
these days..."  Am I going to have to rebuild the W6AM rhombic farm to
compete? :-)

    The large print gaveth (10m, 15m for hours) and the small print taketh
away (80m and 40m so full that CQing was impossible for QRP).  My
goodness!  If we'd had just a little more depth on 15 and 10, I probably
would have broken K7SS' old record from 91 or 92.  At this point in the
cycle, I'm very encouraged.

    Murphy bites - the 15-meter reflector ties gave out on the quad on
Friday night and I had to spend the morning on the tower instead of making
pumpkin pies and relaxing.  I was ALL READY Friday night...but
nooooooooo...  This took a big chunk out of my liveliness on Saturday
around 0700-0800.  Nothing else broke or even acted funny.  The quad did
fine, even if part of it did get jury-rigged to get done in time.

    Man!  What a contest!  If they'd let you trade in an extra VO1 for a
missing mult, it would be perfect...

    Dididit Dididit

73, Ward N0AX