[3830] WD4JRA ARRL CW 160

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WD4JRA ARRL CW 160
From: wd4jra@planttel.net (John Vickers)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 17:00:09 -0500
ARRL 160 CW TEST 1997

Call   WD4JRA   Category  SO HP/ 300 Watts

State  Georgia    Opr  John Vickers

                 QSOs        Sections       Countries

Totals:         200           71                 17
           (178 sec,22 DX)

Claimed Score: 41,008 pts

Equip: TenTec Omni 6, Drake R4C, Home brew 4-400

Ant:    Inv L with 68 ft vert, 94 ft horiz es 20 quater wave radials
          1100 ft Bev NE
          1100 ft Bev SSE
          Low dipole 30 ft high

Approx Opr Time: 10 hr, hunt & peck

   No contester here ! Been back on 160 for about a year after 35 yr
absence and thought I'd try es get a start on WAS. After 145 Qs, had all 50
plus 22 Dx Qsos.Was having too much FUN to quit so worked enough to reach
the 200 limit.(for not using a dupe sheet)
   Guess I,ll have to order some contest logs for CQ 160, this is sort of
fun ! Also need a new tube for amp, this contesting may get expensive.
Would like to say thanks to W8AV, Goose, for rekindling my Ham Radio fire.
73 es gl
John
wd4jra@planttel.net