[3830] ARRL 160 - W4WA - MultiOp

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 - W4WA - MultiOp
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 03:07:25 +0000
                             ARRL 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : W4WA

        Operators : AA4GA, KB4GID, W4WA

         Category : Multi-Op

        Team/Club : SouthEast Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  160CW     1565        1429       3038      78        29

 Totals     1565        1429       3038      78        29

    Final Score = 325,066 points.

Like the others have mentioned, propagation was way down from last
year...but our noise situation was excellent for a change...got a
great start this time around:  averaged 100 Qs/hour for the first six
hours...pretty cool!

Missed a couple of DX mults we should have gotten, like a GJ that
called us...QRM just wouldn't let us pull him out though.  Missed
VE8/VY1 for the sweep....was surprised when Don KH8/N5OLS called in
and found out he was an ARRL section worth 2 points and no additional
multiplier!  :-(

KB4GID decided on an encore before he leaves for England, which gave
Ronnie and me a little more sleep time.  We operated all but about 5
hours during the day on Saturday.

See y'all next weekend in a more relaxed effort, I'm sure!

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Contest Preservation Society - NT4DX