[3830] ARRL 160 de K4IQ

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 de K4IQ
From: jbmitch@vt.edu (John Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:49:33 -0500
K4IQ SOHP unassisted VA

802 X 86 (75ARRL+11DX) for 141,556
22 hours
Affiliation: PVRC!!!

Kwd 870 + AL-1500 Inv. L and bevs.

Really wanted to have the tower ready for this test, but events conspired
and I was stuck with the Inv. L again....  Still, I was happy to reach my
goal of 800 qso's, and managed WAS except ID.  Europe was down from last
year, and never heard from KP4, ORG, NL, NWT.  Heard ID but couldn't raise
them.  Must have worked at least five stations from WY.  Overall, conditions
seemed down compared to last year, but activity levels seemed higher.

Highlites: deciding late Sat nite to try for 800 and finding KL7 and VE7
Lowlites: wasting an hour on Sun morning chasing a couple of stragglers who
were S+P'ing some of the run stations, trying to position myself with CQ's
to intercept their search, and bombing out every time.

Still one of my favorite contests.  Thanks to all for the q's.

73,
John
K4IQ