[3830] Wo4o SO/LP ARRL 160m Game Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Wo4o SO/LP ARRL 160m Game Score
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 22:42:02 EST
                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 1997

Call: WO4O                     QTH:      USA/SouthEast/Delta/TN
Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
                                         Low Power

       QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

Totals 806    1624     2.01         73          3    =   123,424

All reports sent were 599 TN.

Equipment Description: Barefoot Kenwood 450S/AT to a Sloper.

QRM:  My third time playing in this game.  Played 21 hours in an
attempt to defend my previous SO/LP 4th place SE Region title
and 1st place TN title.  Actually increased my score by over 12%
with 3 hours less play time, compared to '96 and had ample rest
Saturday night to be up for Church Sunday morning.  Much patience
is required when so many players are confined to such a small
playing field.  Many HP guys were bumping and grinding among
the LP gentlemen practicing common courtesy. ;)  This test was an
excellant proving ground for my new, single quarter-wave Sloper.
Seems as if it played okay.  Thanks for the Qs!  Go TCG!!!

Club Affiliation: TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP

73 Ric wo4o@juno.com