[3830] K4RO ARRL 10m SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4RO ARRL 10m SO Mixed HP
From: k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (k4ro@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 00:47:40 -0600 (CST)
   ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET   Contest Dates : 13-Dec-97, 14-Dec-97

   Callsign Used : K4RO    Operator : K4RO     Category : SO HP Mixed

   Default Exchange : 5NN TN     Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      477         463       1852      50        26
   10SSB     641         629       1258      47        27

 Totals     1118        1092       3110      97        53

  Final Score = 466,500 points.    About 26 hours operating time.

IC-761, PRO57A @ 100', AL-811 400W out max (not enough!)

My first time in this contest.  I wasn't even planning to operate, then
decided to try it out the night before.  What a blast, and without super
condx.  I can't imagine what it must be like with a healthy flux number!
Couple of good Es openings, including one to the west coast on Sunday PM
that was wery strong.  Most unusual QSO: I worked my neighbor, WB4QDA.
He heard me coming through his big screen TV audio, and then found me on
10 meters.  He worked me using a dummy load, and was 30 dB over S9.
Thanks for the contact John, and for using a dummy load to save my front
end!!  This may be the first case of TVI actually *causing* a contest QSO!
Many Tennessee stations worked -- it's great to have so many folks active.

Best DX was surely N7ET/DU7, via long path at 1405Z, my 1st 10m LP QSO.
Thanks Dale!  VY1JA calling in for the YU mult was a great surprise too.
Thanks J!  Lots of interesting African stations on as well.  Other
interesting DX included  FK8, V73 and KH0.  First day was much better
condx overall.  I wish I'd operated harder the first day --  could have
scored much better.  Still had some great fun the second day.  Great east
coast Es opening made the last two hours a blast.  Ten meters is cool!
Look forward to doing this one again.  Thanks for the QSOs!

-Kirk  K4RO    in Pegram TN,  near Nashville

Rate:

  HOUR   10CW    10SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0      40       9      49      49