[3830] WE9V NAQP CW Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WE9V NAQP CW Score
From: Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:46:45 -0600
    Callsign Used : WE9V
         Operator : WE9V
          Station : WE9V  <-- Check that out!
         Category : S/O, 150W

 Default Exchange : Chad WI

   Hours Operated : 6:59  Part time

  160CW       15          15         15      12  80M dipole @ 30'
   80CW       91          91         91      37  80M dipole @ 30'
   40CW      139         139        139      45  40M dipole @ 30'
   20CW       82          82         82      32  40M dipole @ 30'
   15CW       55          54         54      21  80M dipole @ 30'
   10CW        9           9          9       4  80M dipole @ 30'

 Totals      391         390        390     151

    Final Score = 58890 points.

Wow.  A contest from my own home.  And I can say that now...  I just
bought my first house (Dec 20th).  I threw up a couple dipoles to
see how quiet the location is.  Boy, is it quiet!  Then again, it could
have been my crappy, non-resonant antennas!  They aren't even resonant
in their own bands!  I would have liked to spend more time on 160, but
I had to go to a post-Holidaze party at 02z, so not much activity on
160 before then.  I was still very excited to get 11 of my 15 Qs on
calling CQ, on a 30' high 80M dipole.  Very cool.

Speaking of cool, I just picked up some Rohn 45 last weekend (now
that I got a house, I gotta get rolling on the tower).  So I can't
wait for summer to come around.  Of course, in Wisconsin, that's
in August.  If finances permit, I gotta get that tower up.  But
buying a house kinda puts a damper on my previous spending habits.
And if a house isn't enough to set me back, there is an engagement
in the works.  In fact, the deal I have with my girlfriend is that
I have to propose before the tower goes up.  But, since I bought the
house, I told her it's 100% her responsibility to pay for the
wedding.  So after the ring is out of the way, 100% of my spare
change goes towards putting up that tower!!

Speaking of tower (nice segue), I'm still in need of many bargains.
I need tower hardware (grips, thimbles, turnbuckles), GAC303 anchors,
Rohn screw-in anchors, KT-34XA, 402CD, hardline, 9913F, RG213,
rotor cable and a few feet of 1/4" EHS.  If you can help out, let me
know!

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos