[3830] N9FH WI QSO PARTY (M/M FIXED)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N9FH WI QSO PARTY (M/M FIXED)
From: fjh@csd.uwm.edu (Fred J. Helmstetter)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 20:03:44 +0000
                           WI QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 15-Mar-98, 16-Mar-98

    Callsign Used : N9FH
        Operators : N9FH N9JER

         Category : MULTI-MULTI FIXED (PORTABLE)

 Default Exchange : 59(9) Juneau

             Name : Fred J. Helmstetter
          Address : 3519 N.Murray Ave
   City/State/Zip : Shorewood, WI 53211
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : LeFrog

   80CW       52          52        104       1
   80SSB      60          60         60       4
   40CW       83          83        166       9
   40SSB     222         221        221      57
   20CW       46          46         92       9
   20SSB      42          42         42      11
     2FM      16          16         16       7

 Totals      521         520        701      98

    Final Score = 68698 + 500 = 69198 points.

  Setup: 2FM 50W and 11 elements at 25 ft.
         HF TS-440 + 1 3-500Z (350W max) -> A3 @ 20ft / 80m dipole @ 30ft
         TR Log

  Jerry and I thought it might be fun to do a "field day style"
  operation in Juneau county. We didn't plan on finding a foot of snow and
temps well
  below freezing... It turned out to be a challenge but great fun! We had lots
of
  little glitches and a big problem with stray RF. The keying interface would
lock up
  if we ran more than 70 or so Watts on CW so burning a hole on 80 was rough. We
  could coax out a bit more smoke on SSB so we stayed there more than I would
have
  otherwise preferred. Had a couple hours with good rates and a couple spent
messing
  with the gear. Propane heat in the camper kept us in good shape physically.
We
  hope to be back next year with the bugs ironed out and better wx. Thanks to
all the
  mobiles!

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.

73 DE N9FH  (ex KF9ZI, WB2WDW)
n9fh@qsl.net
http://ns1.qsl.net/n9fh/