[3830] OH5LF SAC SOAB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH5LF SAC SOAB
From: Ilkka.Korpela@Helsinki.FI (Ilkka Korpela)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:17:42 -0700
SAC SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 19-Sep-98, 20-Sep-98

    Callsign Used : OH5LF
        Operators : OH1WZ ILKKA KORPELA

         Category : SOAB HP

 Default Exchange : 599 #

             Name : Ilkka Korpela
          Address : Limingantie 12 A 3
   City/State/Zip : 00550 Helsinki
          Country : Finland

        Team/Club : Contest Club Finland

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

   80CW      237         237        508        35
   40CW      508         508       1194        48
   20CW      643         643       1542        56
   15CW      390         390       1010        50
   10CW       60          60        138        26

 Totals     1838        1838       4392       215

    Final Score = 944280 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 1st time I tried out a PC as logging tool in SAC. Those mistakes that
 are usually done with the CW-paddle on Sunday (after 20 hours of
operating)
 I did when trying to locate the letters on the keyboard!
 The op. was ok untill sometime early in the morning when I needed to go
 out and swim in the cold lake to stay awake.
 30 min QRT on Sunday when the rotator got stuck. I rushed to the belt
and
 up 36 meters to fix the problem. I just say I had done better even
without'
 that extra load of addrenalin.
 Thanks to all non-scandinavian stations for making the event. I hope
 you'll be there for OH1WZ/OH5NQ/OH5LF in the coming contests too.
 Thanks to Kari, OH5LF for letting me operate his UFB station
 and to his family who all suffered from the blinking lights at the
 summerhouse!

 CU ALL in SAC fone from OH5NQ (back at home for ssb).

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the
best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.