[3830] K9GY SOLP-CW ARRL 10m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K9GY SOLP-CW ARRL 10m
From: k9gy@contesting.com (Eric Hall)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:12:45 +0000
                              ARRL 10m SUMMARY SHEET
    Contest Dates : 12-Dec-98, 13-Dec-98

    Callsign Used : K9GY
        Operators : ERIC K9GY

         Category : Single-Op, Low Power, CW Only

 Default Exchange : 599 IL

             Name : Eric P. Hall
          Address : 3355 - 193rd Street
   City/State/Zip : Lansing, IL 60438-3859
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      318         318       1280      49        42

 Totals      318         318       1280      49        42

    Final Score = 116,480 points.

    Opg Time: approx 14:45

    Stn: Kenwood TS-440s & TS-930s
    Cushcraft R7000 vertical with base up 11 feet high
    TR Log Version 6.35 (Great for S&Ping!!!)

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 What a fun contest! Even worked a couple of mults in the US novice band!
 Lots of FL, CA, and WA stns, hi!

 Pre-contest goals:
 1st 300 Q, 45 m, 54k pts.
 2nd 450 Q, 60 m, 108k pts.
 3rd 600 Q, 75 m, 180k pts.

 Well, little did I know that the mult goal would be a breeze! It was
 the Q goal that was the final hurdle, hi. I did like setting multiple
 goals. That seemed to keep me going for longer than I probably would
 have without them, like CW Sweepstakes 1998. But all the S&P
 does help the mult totals more than the Q total, hi.

 Best idea of the contest: grabbing KL7Y freq right after he QRTed, but
 couldn't sustain any kind of run. :(

 Some nice EU, and JA/VK/ZL openings...next year should be even better!
 Favorite DX worked: TZ6DX and LZ0A...Couldn't snag 5H3US.

 Missed some of the Sunday EU opening until 15z due to church attendence.
 I should have went to the 1730z mass, oh well, live and learn.

 Noticed the t-r offset on the 930 needs adjustment...off by about 0.07
 Missed: DC, DE, ME, MS, RI, SD, VT, VE2,4,5,8, VO2, VY1,2, and WY
 I heard alot more than I could work, but hey that's what happens with
 us little pistols :)

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.