No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:41:54 -0600
ARRL DX SSB SUMMARY SHEET
Contest Dates : 06-Mar-99, 07-Mar-99

Callsign Used : N5CQ
Operators : KG5IG, KM5FA, NA4M, W5TD, N3BB, N5CQ
Category : MULTI SINGLE
ARRL Section: South Texas
Default Exchange : 59 TX
Name : John T. Langdon
Address : 9304 Bell Mountain Dr
City/State/Zip : Austin, TX 78730
Country : United States
Team/Club : CTDXCC - Central Texas DX and Contest Club

BAND   Raw Qs   Valid Qs   Points   Countries

  160SSB      21              21               63         16
   80SSB       61              60             180         39
   40SSB     279             277             831        57
   20SSB     355             354           1035        97
   15SSB     569             567           1686      109
   10SSB     576             575           1719        89

Totals     1861             1854          5514       407

Final Score = 2,244,198 points.

Soapbox Comments
 ________________

First multiop here was a learning experience.  It was nice to be fresher
due to getting more sleep, but a few operator change over and training
issues, too.  Have quite a "punch list" of station work to do before the
next one, and I learned a lot more about how to set up TR.  I finally got
my packet rig on about 25 minutes before kickoff, and it made quite a
difference versus being unassisted in the CW test.  Caught a great but
short opening into JA/OC in the Sunday pre-dawn period on 20M here, and
then an EU opening at local SR right after that, so 20M much better than in
CW test.  Best hour was 122 on 10M during the 0000 to 0100 hour on the
second day.  73 to all.

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
Established for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true
to the best
of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.