[3830] K9GY (WPX CW) SO, 20m, LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K9GY (WPX CW) SO, 20m, LP
From: k9gy@contesting.com (Eric K9GY)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 10:30:14 +0100
CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET
   Contest Dates : 29-May-99, 30-May-99

   Callsign Used : K9GY
   Operators : ERIC K9GY

   Category : Single-Op, 20m, Low Power
   Default Exchange : 599 #
   QTH : Lansing, IL, United States
   Club : Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   20CW      274         274        640      235

 Totals      274         274        640      235

    Final Score = 150,400 points.

    Equip: Kenwood TS-930, Cushcraft R7000, TRlog

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 In the life of contests, there are point-takers and point-givers, I was
 the later in this contest! The weather was too nice (80+F) to be inside,
 so just messed around. If I could get points for a 20+ mile bicycle ride
 on Sat, and the Brookfield Zoo with the XYL on Sun, I might be ok, hi.

 Highlight of the contest was hearing E4/OK5DX...low point was not being
 able to work E4 for a mult or a new country before (or even after!) the
 huge pileup began. Also worked two JY9's and an HZ, cool! At 1244z the
 first day, the farmer started plowing his corn/soy field for QRN deluxe!
 Before that at 10z was a nice opening to PAC, EU and SA all at the same
 time...geez maybe that vertical does have an advantage, HI!
 About 99.9% S&P...such is life.

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter
 within the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules
 and regulations of the contest.