[3830] W6UE (W4EF op) SOHP Sept 99 CW Sprint Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W6UE (W4EF op) SOHP Sept 99 CW Sprint Results
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 11:04:00 -0700
                            SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 05-Sep-99

    Callsign Used : W6UE
         Operator : W4EF

         Category : SOHP

 Default Exchange : # Mike Ca

             Name : Michael C. Tope, W4EF
 Station Location : Caltech ARC (CITARC), W6UE
                      Pasadena, Ca

  Mailing Address : 3944 East Mountain View Avenue
   City/State/Zip : Pasadena, Ca 91107-4905

Station Description:

                Rig:    TS-950SDX, Alpha 78
                        Ten-Tec Paragon (barefoot)

                CPU:    486-66 TRlog 6.30

    Antennas:   20 Meters - 5 Element Monobander @ 70'
                      40 Meters - Inverted Vee at 80'
                      80 Meters - Inverted Vee at 100'

          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SCCC Team #1

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   80CW       38          38         38       1         0
   40CW       75          75         75       0         0
   20CW      141         141        141      48         1

 Totals      254         254        254      49         1

    Final Score = 12700 points.

Hmmm, this OM is becoming too bandwidth limited for this high adrenaline
stuff. Sorry for all the repeat requests, but my brain was extra foggy
last night (next time I will wear a bib to catch all the drool). Fortunately
there were lots of multipliers running around which helped to save my bottom
line a bit. From what I can gather there were at least 54 mults available
(heard
IA and AR along with rumors of Del and Utah). Lost a vacuum relay before the
contest on our 2nd Alpha, so rig #2 was barefoot. Didn't use it too much
though
as I really didn't have the presence of mind last night to cope with a 2nd
rig. On the plus side, I finally got around to tracking down the flaky
behavior
in my two radio switch box/keyer on Thursday night. Turns out it was a cracked
solder joint. Station worked flawlessly during the contest (operator
notwithstanding). Nice to see all the pre-contest preparations starting to
pay off.

Cu all next time (I'll be wearing my contest bib).

Mike, W4EF.............

I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the NCJ North American
Sprint, conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the rules
for this contest as set forth in the National Contest Journal.