[3830] WAIT UNTILL LOG DEADLINE is OVER or....

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAIT UNTILL LOG DEADLINE is OVER or....
From: Ilkka.Korpela@helsinki.fi (Ilkka Korpela)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 16:50:23 +0200
"Testing ZA/S5* Log Search"

* 27-NOV-99 0501  80  CW OH1WZ *

Oopss.. it seems I should have logged that uncertain
80 m qso as well. Pitty that I sent my log allready -
I could have improved my score at least by one multiplier.

In my opinion:

Any "Log Search" or "Let's verify our qso" should be left
after January 15th 2000 (or rather Feb 15th 2000) which is
the CQ WW DX CW log-deadline.

See rules:
-------------------------------------
XII. (http://www.cqww.com/cqwwrule.html)
"The use by an entrant of any non-amateur means such as telephones,
telegrams, internet, or the use of packet to SOLICIT contacts
during the contest is unsportsmanlike and the entry is subject to
disqualification.
-------------------------------------

If "during contest" means CW : November 27, 0000UTC - 28, 2400UTC
then I suppose you might have the right to do so....wonder what
others think.

In that case I recommend every one to visit
the URL:   http://oh2w.kolumbus.com/dxs/qin.html
which is the DX-cluster Spot database search engine page.
That's where you can verify most of the uncertain callsigns
in your log. MASTER-databases do then the rest for you.

Rgds,
Ilkka, OH1WZ
mailto:OH1WZ@SRAL.FI