[3830] CQ160 SSB N5IA SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N5IA SOHP
From: miltj@aepnet.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:37:27 -0700 (MST)

                     CQ 160 Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N5IA
Operator: N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: SOHP
Operating Time (hrs): 32

QTH: New Mexico

QSOs: 594

States/Provinces: 54

Countries: 8

Score: 81,716

Comments:  Friday night was the worst I have ever experienced in winter
time contesting on Top Band.  S-9+ QRN on all the Beverages, all night
long.  Only sun up and absorption killed the static crashes.  I managed 319
Qs, 45 states, two VEs and a couple of DX (Thanks for calling Trey).
        Saturday night was much better, but a lack of stations made it a
slow night.  About 0900Z the band turned extremely quiet with very little
activity.
        I managed 49 states, missing only AK for a WAS (Yes, I know AK and
KH6 are DX in this contest).  Missed VE4, most of the Maritime and NWT.
Only 8 DX of which KH6 (3 Qs) was one.  Heard two DX the 1st night which I
din't get.
        My home state and the immediately surrounding states provided 43%
of the total Qs with the Golden State yielding 17% of the total.  Thanks
fellows.  Here are some statistics.
        CA = 100
        AZ = 53
        TX = 44
        CO = 26
        UT = 18
        NM = 14

Something happened to the Pacific Northwest as I had only 21 total combined
Qs from WA (14) and OR (7).  Normally there are 40-50 Qs from that area.

Largest contributors back east were
        PA = 24
        OH = 23
        IL = 22

GA, VA, NC, FL, IN, MI, OK, AR, MO, MN, etc., who normally are way up in
double digit Qs at this location were only in the single digits.

        Thanks to everyone for the completed Qs and my apologies to all
that I could not drag out of the QRN.  73 de Milt, N5IA

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/