[3830] K5HP - ETDXA 50 Mhz Spring Sprint - SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5HP - ETDXA 50 Mhz Spring Sprint - SOLP
From: k5hp@ionet.net (Terry R. Hackworth)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 19:47:35 -0500

               ETDXA 2000 Sprint Sprint (50mhz) SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Date : 14-May-00

    Callsign Used : K5HP
         Operator : K5HP

         Category : SOLP

 Default Exchange : EM15

Terry R. Hackworth K5HP
4224 Ryan Drive, N.E.
Piedmont, OK  73078

          Country : United States

    6CW        2           2          2       2
    6SSB      95          95         95      47

 Totals       97          97         97      49

    Final Score = 4753 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Had been planning to run the Sprint all week but was busy working outside
 and forgot about the start time.  About 7pm came back to the shack to work
 on a linear amplifier and remembered the contest.  Band was quiet then but
 soon started hearing a little.  Finally got the computer program running
 and put out a CQ on a quiet frequency.  Then the fun started.  Nice pile-up
 and noticed after about 30 minutes the rate meter was on 120 Q's/hr.  Then
 the band began declining and never really came back to that level again.
 Thanks to those that were patient during the pile-up for fills and all
others I was able to put in the log.  This was a fun sprint and many thanks
to the ETDXA for continued sponsorship.

Equipment:
FT847, 100 watts
HyGain 66-B at 90 feet

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

Terry R. Hackworth
Piedmont, OK, USA
k5hp@ionet.net