[3830] CQ WPX CW - KW9DX M/S From the Back Hole

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WPX CW - KW9DX M/S From the Back Hole
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:50:44 EDT
Call: KW9DX      Ops: K9ZO K7BV        QTH: K9SD IL
Mode: CW                                           Category: Multi Single
Club: Spit even - SMC/NCCC

BAND     QSO     QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES
  160          0          0              0.0        0
    80        10         21             2.1        1
    40      200       465             2.3       80
    20      918      2246            2.4      325
    15    1158      2985            2.6      303
    10      254       682             2.7       57
Totals   2540     6399            2.5      766  =   4,901,634

Comments:
Now I know why folks say 9-land is in the black hole-ugh!  I sure missed
Nevada conditions.

Ralph K9ZO and I (K7BV) had a great time at Sam K9SD's two tower QTH near
St.
Louis, MO. Sam kept us stuffed with food, awake with his snoring, and
laughing at his funny stories.

Continuous rain, thunderstorms and lightening Friday night and Saturday made

the first half of the contest a nightmare but we hung in there by keeping
things humorous and lighthearted.  We were hoping for some 10M fun but only
got a weak opening Saturday during the storms. Sunday 10M sounded like the
"bottom" of the cycle with just SA stations coming through. Ralph did his
S&P
trick and I practiced my mind-numbing F1 Grind tactic.

Sam did his part getting us ready for WRTC 2000 by dedicated himself to
inserting all sorts of stress and distractions into the contest. He
obviously
had a special arrangement with the weather gods. And his simulated QRM with
earphone-penetrating snoring skills from the nearby couch was beyond belief.

He also kept us constantly terrorized by threatening to let his two snarling

stranger-hating Rottweilers into the shack if we let the rate fall off.

Thanks Sam!