[3830] IARU HF KK1L SO Phone

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF KK1L SO Phone
From: kk1l@arrl.net (kk1l@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: WJ1Z

Class: SO Phone  Power: HP
QTH: Vermont
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:                2        2
   80:               24        8
   40:               29       17
   20:              857       56
   15:              590       50
   10:               98       11
-----------------------------------
Total:       0     1600      144  =  891,072

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to WJ1Z, Bob Willis, for letting me use his station while my tower
is under construction. He spent some time getting things ready for me.

I had a great time. I contest tested Bob's new ACOM amp. Man is that thing easy
to use. Still learing the features of the FT1000D. I am so used to my TS850
that I was was doing the A/B VFO swap to S&P while running for 90% of the
contest rather than use the sub receiver!!!

The rotator was not indicating antenna direction. It would TURN the antenna
fine, but I had to stick my head out the window to see where it was pointing. I
moved the control to the window, so I could watch while it turned. I did not
reposition the beam nearly as often as I would have. If you were a loud station
I CQ'd in your face, it was because I was turning the beam (it was a few steps
out of the chair)...sorry!

73 es God Bless de KK1L, Ron <><