[3830] N4PK SS CW QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N4PK SS CW QRP
From: pk@ij.net (Paul E. Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:56:56 -0500
                        2000 ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

     Call used: N4PK                                          Location: WCF

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW                Power: 5W

     Callsign of Operator: N4PK (EX KR4YL)

     Exchanged Information: nr Q N4PK 93 WCF

     Hours of Operation: 06:03

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160          0          0
      80          0          0
      40         14         28
      20         34         68
      15         29         58
      10          7         14
     -------------------------
     TOTAL       84        168   X   50 multipliers  =  8,400

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Comments:  As an assistant Section Manager of the WCF section I felt
obligated to operate SS.  I am not a big CW operator by any means so I did
my routine S&P.  I didn't get home Saturday until about 9:30 PM EST so I put
some Q's on Saturday evening before bed and did some more on Sunday.

WCF was very well represented in CW SS.  We have some of the best operators
in WCF.   We may be rather small (10 counties) but Tampa/St.
Pete/Sarasota/Lakeland are growing like gangbusters and we have about 10,000
hams in the section.

As others point out, not alot of checks from the 80's and 90's.

I will be participating as one of the operators at the dual M/S from K1TO
for SSB SS.

73
Paul
N4PK (ex KR4YL)