[3830] CQWW CW NZ1U M/M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NZ1U M/M HP
From: rpechie@snet.net (rpechie@snet.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:49:44 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): KB1H, NB1U, K1EBY, AA1CE, N1XS, KB1DFB
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: East Killingly, CT
Operating Time (hrs): 44.7

  160:     66     13     42
   80:    395     17     76
   40:    553     29     98
   20:   1261     38    137
   15:   1309     36    135
   10:   1154     34    121
-------------------------------
Total:   4738    167    609  =  10,563,688

Club/Team: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always trying to improve. Almost 900 more QSOs than last year. About 1.5M more
points.
Friday we had to replace the 20M Tailtwister. Saturday we had to climb to fix a
connection
on the 20M Stack Box wiring. The new 160M Inverted Vee worked good for us. Not
the best antenna but helped our score a bunch. Lost almost two hours of running
time on Sat. morning as we slept through the band openings. My fault for not
staying awake to shake everyone up.

One comment - This was our first contest with the new Barnstormers callsign.
When
you are not in the SuperPartial Callsign Checklist it seems like alot of
operators had
problems with the call. Many repeats needed to get NZ1U across!