[3830] CQWW CW N2BA SOSB/10 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2BA SOSB/10 LP
From: brookea@mapleusa.com (brookea@mapleusa.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:16:30 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: N2BA
Operator(s): N2BA
Station: N2BA

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 29
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1418     32    121
-------------------------------
Total:   1418     32    121  =  634,185

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rigs: FT-1000MP,Icom 780
Antennas: 4/4 fixed Europe at 60' and 25'
5 el at 110'
Spotting dipole at 10'

At around noon on Sunday, everything stopped. At first thought had a problem,
but the band scope showed a dead band. Took a shower and had lunch then,
returned expecting to slog it out doing S&P for the afternoon. But the band
was back again, good for another 2 hours into Europe, though everything was
down about 2 S-Units vs prior day. Was working QRP JA first night, but found
big guns bearly above the noise on Sunday.

I would have gone all band, low power, but my 40m beam is broken. Find that
2 radios is the key to having fun in low power, so was planning to skip all
together until I discovered that I could spot on the same band with a low
dipole
about 200 foot away from the tower. Had great fun, and got to sleep to boot!