[3830] CQWW CW NH7/N6HC SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NH7/N6HC SOAB HP
From: N6HC@aol.com (N6HC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:27:00 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: NH7/N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: KH7V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:
   80:     35      6      5
   40:    308     16     17
   20:    231     22     48
   15:    688     32     53
   10:   1039     28     46
-------------------------------
Total:   2301    104    169  =  1,854,216

Club/Team: Southern California DX Club

Comments:

This was my first "serious" effort in the CQWWCW as SOAB.  It was a wonderful
experience to be "DX".  The JA runs were phenomenal.  I have a much greater
respect for those DXpedition operators who listen to a cacophony of callers for
hours on end; how do they do it?  Unfortunately, 20 meter operation was limited
due to RFI with a neighbor who didn't appreciate his houselights flashing in
unison to his TV picture flipping. Guess he can't take a joke! Many thanks to
Don (KH7V) and XYL Sandy (WH7K) for their hospitality and allowing me to guest
op at their station which overlooks Pearl Harbor.  Also, thanks to my XYL
Sherry (KA6DOW) who allowed me to radiosport the entire weekend instead  of
exploring this beautiful isle of Oahu by day and partying at night.  See you
all in the 10 meter contest from WH7K (if all goes well with business) and I'll
be back on the mainland in mid January.  Aloha & Mahalo
73  de  Arnie