[3830] ARRL10 K6LA SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K6LA SO Mixed HP
From: kwidelitz@gtemail.net (kwidelitz@gtemail.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:33:01 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30.6
Radios: SO2R

   CW:    965    111
  SSB:   1424    110
----------------------
Total:   2389    221  =  1,482,468

Club: SCCC

Comments:

For the third year in a row, it looked like EU would open big time to the left
coast, and for the third year in a row it didn't. My first EU QSO was 14:40 Sat
AM, very early here, but though some stations were loud, it just didn't happen.
Sun AM the first EU was almost an hour later. When I worked a loud HA station I
figured this was the day, but it was not to be. I did have some Scandinavians
call in 3 hours after the band otherwise closed to EU, but nothing else.

As others have observed, there were no E openings, though the repeat CQ went
long and hard into the evening.

The highlight for me was back to back record hours for this station in the 1700
and 1800 hours Saturday, 176 followed by 178.

73, Ken, K6LA, Ken Six Los Angeles