[3830] Stew Perry N0AX SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry N0AX SO LP
From: hwardsil@wolfenet.com (hwardsil@wolfenet.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:08:46 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: SO LP
Grid Square: CN87
Operating Time (hrs): 6

QSOs:   64  Score: 468

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Never, never, never go to a holiday party and then come home and try to
work a 160-meter contest.  ZZZZZZZZZZ...  Conditions seemed to be greatly
improving around local midnight, but the ol' peepers just couldn't stay
open.  Next year will find a nap on the agenda, I think.

The local "problem pole" seemed to stay quiet - had a wierd grumbly noise
between 1820 and 1830 (of course), but not enough to shut me down.  It wasn't
until 11PM, though, that the noise level dropped to less than S-7.  Going to
have to do some Sherlock Holmes-ing on the noise sources around here.  Too many
PC's and gadgets.

Managed a lone JA Saturday morning - JA2ZJW - and heard none in their old band
segement about 1900 kHz.  Otherwise, PA and eastern VE3 were the best NA DX
worked.  KV4FZ (how is he still on the air?) was attracting a crowd, but was
clearly talking farther than listening.

I must be getting old, because I can't wait for the next sunspot minimum :-)

73, Ward N0AX