[3830] CQ160 CW LZ8T Multi HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW LZ8T Multi HP
From: wally@el-soft.com (wally@el-soft.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:07:53 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: LZ8T
Operator(s): LZ2FV,LZ1UQ,LZ2HM,LZ2CJ
Station: LZ2CJ

Class: Multi HP
QTH: @LZ2CJ
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs: 747  States/Provinces: 12  Countries: 64  Score: 307,268

Comments:

Equipment - IC 735 and ACOM 2000 A
Antennas - 20m base loaded vertical and 3 Beverages : to USA - 500m,to JA -300m
and to Carribean/ South America - 250m, W8LRL preamp. All beverages open at the
end and 1.5 m above ground.

It was a strange contest. Read a long story which I'll post on top band and
cq-contest reflector. Only W2GD during the first night and no body else even
heard.Heard about 100 USA stations second night and worked just the few after
sometimes 20 min of calling. Seems second night most of EU stations were not
able to hear USA since there were a lot of examples of EU and USA stations
simoultaneously calling CQ on the same freq. So, we have to request the EU stn
to stand by to be able to call US station on same freq ??? The award "BEST EAR"
goes to Tom W8JI - heard us after just giving our call one time. He was the
only US station who have done this. Read the full story on the reflectors.

Once again a suggestion to organizers - remove Sate/Countries Multipliers and
chenga them for GRID SQUARES. Than this game will become fair for all.Having
states as multipliers gives credits to those located in UK or EA or CT. GRIDS
multipliers will make things relatively equal and more interesting.Keep the
points system the same if you want.

73's and see you all in CQWW 160m SSB in February.

de Wally LZ2CJ and the rest of LZ8T (Ceco LZ2FV,Mitko LZ1UQ and Andy LZ2HM)