[3830] ARRLDX CW EI5DI SOSB/10 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EI5DI SOSB/10 LP
From: paul@ei5di.com (paul@ei5di.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:00:10 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EI5DI
Operator(s): EI5DI
Station:

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:    921     56
----------------------
Total:    921     56  =  154,728

Club:

Comments:

Great conditions on 10m, with good propagation and low background noise.
However, key clicks were painfully obvious from many well-known single and
multi-op W/VE stations.

Yes, I can tell the difference between strong signals with key clicks and
strong signals without key clicks.  For example, K1AR had no key clicks.

Yes, I have good filters - although key clicks are no respecter of filters.

And, yes, I used an attenuator to be certain my receiver's front-end was not
overloaded.

To summarise, it's painfully obvious that many "leading" W/VE operators are
oblivious to the mayhem they're creating around the world, and have not taken
the trouble to check their own signals.  Key clicks are CW's equivalent of body
odour, you're not nice to be close to!