[3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (w9re@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:35:48 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:     14     13
   80:     86     53
   40:    200     60
   20:    744    103
   15:   1021    112
   10:   1177    106
----------------------
Total:   3242    447  =  4,347,000

Club: SMC

Comments:

Best short European run on 40 in any DX Contest.  Lots of QRN on 80 and 160
made those bands tough.  Murphy hit me on Friday night with symptoms of a relay
in the amp about to go (had that happen once before).  I had to keep tripping
the vox to copy weak signals.  It came and went and finally on Sunday I think I
figured it out to be a bad connection or connector (right angle) on the back of
the amp.  Sometimes  it created hash on all signals.  Thanks to all for the
q's!