[3830] WPX CW AE6Y SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AE6Y SOAB HP
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (andrew.faber@gte.net)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:11:30 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:    313
   20:    436
   15:    977
   10:    123
-------------------------------
Total:   1849 x    678  =  3,396,780

Club: NCCC

Comments:

  Great Contest!  Conditions were very similar to those in 1999.  I bettered my
1999 score by 200k by a simple strategy change of getting up at 4 am local on
Saturday for a JA run of 6-pointers on 40.  I had virtually the same QSO total
in 1999, but had fewer on 40 and more on 20 then, hence a slightly lower score.
 For some reason no JA runs on 10, 15 or 20, though there were loud signals
from there in our afternoons. I kept turning the antenna to the NW hoping to
lure them out, but never succeeded.
  WPX is such a democratic contest: I love the fact that you can skip the
pileup on 3V8BB, then slide up a few kHz and get the same points by working a
new prefix in Sweden.
  Ran the contest on a new laptop, and had a lot of trouble with the keyboard
for a few hours.  Don't like that row of similar function keys with no gaps as
on a regular keyboard -- sorry to those I confused after a QSO by hitting F6
and sending QRL?, instead of F5 for TU AE6Y TEST, hi.
  Rig: TS950SDX, Ten-Tec Titan, 3 el 10-20, 2 el 40. CQPWIN 9.0 software
  73, andy, ae6y