[3830] WPX CW AI7B M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW AI7B M/S HP
From: ai7b@teleport.com (ai7b@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:07:41 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: AI7B
Operator(s): K7ZUM, KI7Y, N2WEW, W7GG
Station: W7GG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      1
   80:     93
   40:    385
   20:   1140
   15:   1280
   10:     91
-------------------------------
Total:   2990 x    861  =  7,107,000

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Things started out slow but picked up good Saturday evening.  Ten meters sucked
once again from the NW.  Get a chuckle outa reading how great 10 was from the
East coast!  W4ZV only doubled the previous single band 10 score...what a pity!

JA activity seemed down again in this one but mebbe poor 10m prop just made it
seem that way?  Only 500 JA Qsos on all bands...used to make that many on 40m
alone.  Over 1300 EU Q's and about 700 U.S. Q' rounded out the majority of
stations worked.  Very little Africa and Carib tho.

Found 160 meters to be worthless.  Only XE2MX made it into our log even tho we
were there every wee hour at the top of the hour.  Did not expect or plan for a
lot of 160 activity but surely more than one Q.

Was again amazed but the number of dupe stns calling...95 total...don't know
what they copied the first time or two they called but sure as hell not Ai7b!
Once again this confirmed my decision to dump Ai7b as my primary call in favor
of W7GG.  Logged all dupes so will let the log checkers figure out what
happened.

All in all a  good time was had by all.  Better 10m prop surely would have
helped the score.  Thanks to all for the contacts de Bob, W7GG.