[3830] CQWW SSB VA3RU SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3RU SOSB/10 HP
From: VA3RU" <va3ru@dipole.com (VA3RU)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:49:35 -0500
CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2001

      Call: VA3RU                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator Single Band
      Zone: 04

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80        0        0     0.00      0       0
       40        0        0     0.00      0       0
       20        0        0     0.00      0       0
       15        0        0     0.00      0       0
       10     2047     5660     2.77     39     155

     Totals   2047     5660     2.77     39     155  =>  1,098,040

My goal was to set a new Canadian record that is held since 1980 by Yuri,
VE3BMV
I came short with about 150 DX QSOs. At least I have a very good reason to
be on again next year.
I just want to mention that I had 100 km/h wind before the contest and
finally fixed the guy wires on the little mast 15 minutes before contest, my
TS930S cut fire Saturday evening and the Sun has decided to blow up
partially right around WWSSB... well, little things.
However it was a lot of fun like collecting 34 zones on the first 24 hours,
breaking a ?crazy? pile-up on 5A1A or listening the big guns from the
Caribbean how they running the crowd.
When my radio cut fire in the middle of everything Nick, VA3NA ran over and
brought his new FT1000MP and I was back in business in less than a half
hour.
Thank you Nick, I owe you one.
See you next month.

73  es  DX   Lali / VA3RU   http://www.dipole.com