[3830] ARRL160 N6WG SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 N6WG SO QRP
From: n6wg@earthlink.net (n6wg@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:25:43 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:     144     33        1      =  9,504

Club/Team:

Comments:

This was my 3rd time in the ARRL contest.  My score is almost 55% better than
last year.  About the same number of contacts, 144, but 50% more multipliers.
First time to work the east coast, too, from here on San Francisco Bay.  Thanks
to KB6FPW for the suggestion to get up REALLY early to work the east coast.  My
best catches were GA and VA.
Picked up 3 new states toward QRP WAS on 160m, now at 25.  Guess it's all
uphill from here.  Still looking for ND, KS, AR and LA to have everything west
of the Mississippi River.
I really appreciate all the great ears out there, along with the serious
receiving setups.
Each year I try to improve my TX antenna.  This year had five top loading wires
on the 40 ft vertical, and 20 radials.  It seems to have done the trick.  More
improvements on the way to prepare for Stew Perry.
A Happy Holiday Season to all.
73, Bob N6WG