[3830] ARRL10 K7BG SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K7BG SO CW HP
From: k7bg@arrl.net (k7bg@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:49:17 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s):
Station: K7BG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   1702    136
  SSB:
----------------------
Total:   1702    136  =  926,432

Club: Northern Rockies DX Assoc.

Comments:

ARRL: 60 + 76 dx

States: 50
Canadian: 10
DX: 76

Took 2 hours off during prime JA running time Saturday eve to go to my son's
basketball game. It was a good game. Came home thinking I would find a dead
band but worked a hundred JA's before the lights went out!

The only signal I heard after hours either night was the W0SD beacon. No meteor
stuff or E's was heard. This was the quietest I can remember for the dark
hours.

Condx seemed wierd from here, like the band was thinking of shutting down, but
never did. Although I felt like I did the most with what the band had to offer
(except for the 2 hours taken off Saturday), I figgered you guys down south
would wax the biscuits off us boys up north.

Thanks to Bill (WB0O) for my only ND and to K7GB (WY). I get a lot of buro and
direct cards for K7GB's VQ9GB operations that I forward to him, so I guess he
thought he better call me on backscatter when he heard me. aitch eye.

Worked 6 other MT stations, none of them local. Good to see the activity on CW.

Not much Africa from here, only 7 contacts.

Station: TS940 + Alpha 374A at 800w
Antennas: 5 ele fixed ESE (great for skew path to eu); DB1015A at 88'; TH3 at
27'

Thanks for all the fun. This is a great contest. Was told once that my signal
was dirty, guess I'll put the rig in the dishwasher.

73, Matt--K7BG in northcentral MT