[3830] Stew Perry N7IR SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry N7IR SO QRP
From: hembree@asu.edu (hembree@asu.edu)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:42:51 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N7IR
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO QRP
Grid Square: DM43
Operating Time (hrs): 8

QSOs:   92  Score: 900

Club: CADXA

Comments:

Band conditions were not consistent here and not as good as during the previous
two year's Stew Perrys.  However we had a good opening to Japan on Sunday
morning, and I was able to work two stations, both in the 2nd call area.  A
couple of the loudest JA1 stations were obviously having difficulties hearing,
since they were peaking many dB above my rather high noise level but weren't
hearing anyone but the big guns from the US and Canada.  The two JA2 stations I
worked were not very loud at this end but both answered my call immediately and
didn't ask for many repeats.  Funny band.

EQ:  Elecraft K2 at 4.5 watts out
     27m top-loaded, shunt-fed vertical

73
Gary, N7IR