[3830] ARRLDX SSB KK1L M/2 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KK1L M/2 HP
From: kk1l@arrl.net (kk1l@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:09:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L, K1KD, W1SJ, W1DEC, AA1SU, K1WEY, N1ZUK, K1HD, KC1WH
Station: KK1L

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    9     9
   80:  141    49
   40:  120    63
   20:  599   106
   15:  548   100
   10: 1070    98
-------------------
Total: 2487   425  Total Score = 3,165,825

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

All the equipment worked very well this year. Last year we smoked to amplifiers.
My rebuilt amp worked VFB.

The two glitches were when got a phone call Saturday morning from my neighbor
complaining he was hearing me on his "just a cheap little radio" (his quote)
while he was painting a room upstairs. He ordered me to stop and said he would
be calling the town to complain that I was violating my tower permit by
interfering with him. We talked for a bit, but he ended up hanging up on me. I
have worked with him to squelch other interference, but he really does not like
the tower. This is a classic problem you don't need to hear more about.

The other glitch was missing some great run time Saturday evening due to a pair
of operators no-shows.

Sunday was tough trying to work the lower tier stations on the vertical (second
radio). Saturday the second radio did very well. At night it was a great thing
to have to be able to work low bands in conjunction with the tower radio. The
rates from the tower radio were fine most of the time.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont