[3830] ARRLDX SSB DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOSB/10 HP
From: DL1IAO@contesting.com (DL1IAO@contesting.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:14:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: non-North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 18.2

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2432    58  Total Score = 423,168

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

TS870 + Alpha87, 6el Yagi @24m

Reduced plans from SOAB to SB10.  YL says, too many straight 48h weekends are
unhealthy.  She may be right, at least when it comes to phone.

Plans included not to get up early in the mornings to check for LP openings.
Therefore probably missed a few VE6´s.

With crowded bands in mind I settled down early between 28320-330 both days.
Freq fights were as bad as ever, even asked K4BAI to tell a YT6 to move down.
Sri for that, I really was upset a few times.

Another "low" was CT (w/ DVP board) continously crashing after about 1300 Q's
during the great late Saturday W6 piles.  On-the-air suggestions ranged from
"Reboot!" to "Get NA!" and were fun listening.  I decided to continue
paperlogging and debug the problem when the opening is over.  The rate sure
drove me close to my writing limits!

I swapped notes with a few EU´s before the band opened on Sunday.  DF9ZP was
ahead with abt 100 Q's and 1 Prov.  I was still missing VY2SS and started
looking for him with the 2nd VFO.  I believe I heard him one time calling other
stations but could not find him running by himself.

Luckily, my freq remained quite clear most of the afternoon and I was starting
to hear some pretty weak ones.  One time I had 9ZP stopping by while looking for
a better freq.  By that time I had caught up by 50 Q's and at the end our scores
really were head-to-head.

Another great 10m shootout!

Stefan, DL1IAO
http://www.dl1iao.com/