[3830] ARRLDX SSB V26S M/M LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB V26S M/M LP
From: n2wks@arrl.net (n2wks@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:00:51 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: V26S
Operator(s): N2WKS KD3TB W3CF
Station: V26S

Class: M/M LP
QTH: non-North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5

  160:   48    20
   80:  490    56
   40:  434    55
   20:  605    51
   15: 1501    59
   10: 1958    58
-------------------
Total: 5036   299  Total Score = 4,517,292

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first time on Antigua and my first M/M...had a great time.  I would
like to say thank you to Miles our Taxi driver/concierge, Doug W3CF our 15 meter
operator, and my uncle Irwin KD3TB our 10 meter operator, and Mary (Doug's XYL)
our poolside operator??Great Job Guys!!!

Murphy:
No 160 meter antenna and no climbing belt to try and fix it (my uncle wouldn?t
let me free climb?said something about promising my mom he would send me home in
one piece), ended up loading the 40 meter stack with the internal antenna tuner
in the 746 to make a few QSO's.

110v line had 220v on it so we had to run everything (3 stations) off an
extension cord going to the house next door and the lights in the shack had a
mind of there own?.good thing we didn?t bring amps.

15 meter ice filter was bad (thanks N3BNA and N2ED for spare filters I will
return them soon)

Network hub power cube was fried by 220v line so we had no network.

Equipment:
Icom 746, Icom 751, Icom 706

Antenna?s:  See V26B web site at http://www.frc-contest.org/v26b.htm or V26S web
site at http://www.qsl.net/n2wks/v26s.html

All that said, with 99 watts and some bug spray the station was great?.can?t
wait for my next operation.  I hope to have log checking up on the web site soon
and QSL cards go to N2WKS.

73,
Zev Darack N2WKS / V26S
n2wks@arrl.net